Our terms and conditions of use
(last updated on August 1st, 2020)
Thecigar.com (represented by Akama International SA) takes your privacy seriously and is committed to protecting the personal information that you provide to us. You must be 18 years of age or older.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As a visitor to our website, you can browse our site without providing any personal data. However, when you subscribe to receive information/newsletters, and order products as a customer, we may collect the following personal data:
- Contact information such as your name, phone numbers, postal address and e-mail address
- Demographic information (age/gender).
- The details of your purchases
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA ARE USED
- Sending you order confirmations.
- Responding to requests, questions and concerns sent to customer service.
- Sending information you requested about a service or product.
- Keeping you informed of special offers and services at lecigare.ch.
- Managing promotions and prize draws in which you participate and informing you of the results.
- Investigating, preventing or taking action against any illegal activity or violation of our Terms of Service.
- Meeting our research and development needs for products or services and improving our website, services, and offers.
We will retain your information as long as your account is active. To delete your account or to ask us to stop using your data to sell you our products, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request within 30 days.
You can ask to stop receiving newsletters / communications from lecigare.ch (Akama International SA).
For this you have several possibilities:
- click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the newsletters;
- click on the "Update preferences" link at the bottom of the newsletters and click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the page;
- or send us an email to email@example.com specifying your request to unsubscribe to our newsletter.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data you provide when you use the website are protected in different ways.
- You can access your profile using a unique password and customer ID that you choose. We advise you to use a reliable alphanumeric password and to disclose it to no one.
- Your username and password are stored on a secure server. However, only you can reset your password if you forget it because we do not have access to it.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as your bank card number) into our order or registration forms, the Six Multipay transaction company encrypts this data using TLS security technology. In case of payment via Saferpay, your payment details will be processed as part of the payment processing of SIX Payment Services SA, Hardturmstrasse 201, 8005 Zurich. You can find more information about data protection on the SIX website : www.six-payment-services.com. We strive to protect the Personal Data sent to us, both during transmission and upon reception. However, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
While we take into account the sensitivity of the Personal Data we store, and the current state of technology used to implement these measures to protect your Personal Data, we can not guarantee their total security.
All prices are net prices. There are no hidden packing or handling charges. Only shipping charges apply (see shipping charges). The ordered items are shipped upon receipt of your payment. Local customs taxes may apply in some countries.
The exchange rate shown on our site is for information purposes only. In the case of transactions in foreign currencies, only the CHF is authoritative (final transactions when the cart is released are in Swiss francs).
EVERY BOX IS OPENED AND CHECKED BEFORE SHIPPING. Boxes are hermetically sealed to preserve the cigars' humidity during transit (do not keep hermetically sealed on receipt ).
All cigars are shipped in neutral boxes with no label. Shipping charges are flat rates from the Swiss post. The shipping is free for all order above CHF 300.-.
WE DO NOT SHIP CUBAN CIGARS TO THE UNITED STATES. We do not ship tobacco to France, to French overseas territories and Belgium.
There is no minimum order.
Items are shipped within 48 hours (for items in stock) on receipt of payment. For express orders, delivery is the next day, provided that the order was placed before 4pm (for items in stock).
Our prices include taxes. The items can be paid beforehand by bank transfer or by cash on delivery (additional fees: CHF 18.- for Switzerland only). We accept following credit cards : Mastercard and Visa (SaferPay secured system from Telekurs cards solution) as well the Postcard. If our cigars do not meet your requirements, you must contact us in order to get a return authorization and a return code before returning the items (shipping charges are at your expense). The prices displayed on this site and the terms of the present contract are subject to change without prior notice.
Responsibility for the items is transfered to the customer after the delivery slip has been signed, even if delivery took place in a different place than the usual delivery place. Customs taxes may apply in some countries. The customer assumes all responsibilities for payments of duties and taxes. You agree to accept your package and pay the customs fees. If you refuse, we will deduct the actual shipping costs from the refund.
You agree to comply with all export control laws. You warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident or any country to which the export of the products is prohibited by applicable export control laws. We do not sell Cuban cigars to US residents.
Delay in withdrawal/pre-payment
In case the customer does not withdraw/accept the goods within 30 days, Thecigar.com. reserves the right to terminate the contract and to claim damages for failure on the customer's part to respect the contract. Thecigar.com has the right to chose between the reimbursement of 25% of the amount of the invoice or the real amount of the damage undergone. This provision shall not apply in cases where neither the customer nor Thecigar.com's responsibility is involved (ex.: if goods get lost by postal services).
Goods that were delivered by mistake or in excedent must be returned within 7 days. Goods must be returned undamaged, in their original packaging and by unit of packaging. The buyer bears the shipping costs.
In all other cases, the Swiss Code of Obligations shall apply.
The customer has been informed that the jurisdiction ("FOR juridique") of Nyon shall apply.